1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crackdown Available On NewsGroups - Not Stealth

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by raysuave, Feb 9, 2007.

1. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

Crackdown is up on newsgroups now but from everybody's comments, apparently it isn't stealth patched but playable. Some of them are expressing concerns about being banned on live and some went ahead and are playing the game. What is the risk of MS detecting this and banning people from live? I won't post the nzb links I saw this on but I'm sure this is on most of te the nzb sites with similiar comments.

Mr. Moderator, I don't understand how when I posted links to an nzb is not allowed when people explain on here how to use newsgroups to download things and what sites to search for them on all the time????

2. ajpole

ajpole Member

Jack Sparrow springs to mind!!

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I'm not a mod, but I think it goes something like this... obviously, we already know that just talking about it is just fine.

But if you go and post a direct link to some pirated material, now anybody who uses Afterdawn can jump directly to that material. Now Afterdawn would ultimatily be responsible for helping gain access to pirated material. Then they could be sued, fined, shutdown, etc., etc.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  4. mduga

mduga Regular member

ya, that is a stupid idea! the games not even out yet to buy...MS is going to definitely know that you got it illegally if you are playing while connected to xblive and have a gamerscore for the game, people are going to know you are a pirate.

at least wait until the game is released..................or play offline until it is.

5. shkrmkr

shkrmkr Member

if you're gonna play it, unplug your ethernet cable or wireless and detach the hdd.

6. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

If this is the case why can people post all kinds of newsgroup, mIRC, and torrent search sites with no poblem although most have links to the pirated material right on their home page??? I just thought we couldn't post direct download links to the pirated material such as rapidshare links and ftp site links. Please explain so I know how to phrase my future posts.

Yeah I thought about that to but I was just asking a general question pertaining to all isos without the stealth patch, even after the release date of the game. Also, it looks like people already have been playing online and everything without detaching the HDD or unplugging the LAN.

7. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Crackdown on NNTP isn't stealth. I have the stealth patches though. Not sure where to host them or if it's even allowed on Afterdawn.

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

That's cause We Ain't Scared Of No Micro PoPo

9. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

The stealth patch is available now, I injected the patch and it passed Schtroms stealth check.

10. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It's not like this is the 1st 360 game to be leaked days or even weeks before it's official release. I believe quite a few people were playing Gears of Wars on Live about a month before the official release date.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  11. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

In Gears of War's case, I saw it as it was being posted on a Thursday. It came out retail the following Tuesday. Maybe there were a few but couldn't be too many.

12. miffty

miffty Member

Hi all i'm new to a forum group. i just wanted help with a problem.. i currently download using torrents.. and i have been told to join a newsgroup so that i can download a lot quicker.. can anyone suggest a good newsgroup to join and how i go about doing it.. any help would be appreciated :)