1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crackdown Freezes ... anyone else?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by BryanNH_3, Apr 28, 2007.

1. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Hey hey ... Just bought Crackdown and with oir without the patch for it, the game just freezes after several minutes of play. It varys a bit each time, and it is also VERY slow at the start screen - the moving background stutters and when I press "start" to begin the game, it takes 30second to a full minute before I get to the next screen where you pick your campaign.

This has never happened on any brand new, non scratched game for me - it has happened on occasion with some others, but those are usually the used games with some scratches ... I don't think its a red light or over heating issue, neither of those have bneen a problem for me so far, and when crackdown does freeze, there are no red lights on the xbox.

I've cleared the cache for the game and the system, I checked the disc for damage and I can't find anything (but there is a VERY slight line that runs around the disc, I'm thinking this is causing it), and this is not a usual thing for me with any xbox game, my console is one of the few that just works!

Gimme some mo ideas, please! Thanks ...

2. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

Dude, the only thing that i think that could be wrong with it is the heating problem, there are a few people that get freezing with Crackdown, it is best if you get a Inter-cooler of some sort and then try it...it may work then

3. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

well, maybe ... I have a large (120mm) case fan hooked up to a dc power convertor that I can use, so I think I'll try that if anything ...

The thing is that I can play Oblivion for 10+ hours straight (well, leave it on for that long with hours of play in between) and it never freezes or anything. I can play Burnout revenge and its fine for hours, the same with table tennis, need for speed carbon and most wanted, tomb raider, etc, and it never freezes at ALL ... this is the first time its had problems.

I'm gonna throw it in my friend's xBox (although, he has the 2 red lights problem) and see how it is there ... this kinda really sucks!

I even tried lowering the reolution the xBox is using - I have it with a VGA cable, and I knocked it down to 848 x 480, from the 1080i resolution (sorry, I forget the dimensions of it) ... so to me, it seems like its the game more than anything. if i had been having problems with other games, then yes, the console, but I haven't been. The only time I got the red lights was when it was sitting right ontop of a glass table (glass hold heat and reflects it back more-so than wood, causing the xBox to over heat VERY rapidly) and now that its propped up, it hasn't happened once.

4. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

Tried it on my friend's system and guess what ... it does the same thing! His xBox usually freezes and gives him 2 red lights o' death after a while of playing, but this time it just froze like mine - no lights, no warning, no nothin' ... just froze.

I'm gonna bring it back tonight for an exchange of the same thing - maybe its a faulty disc - if my xBox had been freezing all the time anyways, I'd say its the xBox, but this is the first time its acted like this, with anything, so I'm gonna say its the game - not that anyone cares on here! lol

I'll update this when I know what the deal-e-o is.

5. Zukhaib

Zukhaib Regular member

yehp! best thing to do is take it back to your retailer (who you bought it from) and ask for an exchange for another Crackdown, and see if it works then, if it don't refund it for your money and try buying it from another shop, same thing happens again...well call Microsoft Customer Support!!!

6. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

ya, like target or any other major retailer would EVER (now-days) refund someone's money for an opened game!