1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cracked LCD What are my Options?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by jnbean, Jun 29, 2007.

1. jnbean

jnbean Member

I woke up today to play some PSP and turn on my psp to find out that the LCD is cracked...so i took my Best Buy Warranty and PSP to bestbuy only to be told that they cant do nothing about it rambled on about how they have to send it to sony and such well fusk SONY for that matter. Now im stuck with a modded psp and a cracked screen im not about to call sony to have them help me because they will give me shit because i modded my psp......im just here wondering of any ideas to get me up and running again.....I have though about opening up the PSP and clipping a wire from the motherboard to the lcd so it will not show anything and just tell them it was like that when i woke up....and I had the other idea of replacing the lcd screen.....but where do i get the lcd screen? Ebay has em but whats the diffrence? will they go out on me in no time or what?

any of you have any suggestions

2. malinki

malinki Regular member

ebay is fine for a psp screen, a mate of mine asked me to fit one when he broke his screen. The sharp screen is apparently better quality and he hasn't had any complaints so far.

the screen is easy as pie to change, all you need is a steady hand and a couple of small screwdrivers

3. andyrt2

andyrt2 Member

You can get instructions for replacing it here... they also sell the screens:

PSP LCD Replacement Instructions