1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRAP HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by suburban, Jan 24, 2005.

1. suburban

suburban Member

I had taken my xbox apart to install a Xecuter 2.6 lite chip and was having problems with it not working. So I wanted to play a game and didn't feel like putting everything back together just to take it back apart. So I just hooked up the DVD drive and the HD without even putting back in the plastic stand things they sit on. Well I was playing fine for half an hour or so and then the game froze. Then I turned it on and then back off and somehow I think the HD touched a metal part of the MOBO and there was a big pop/spark.

Now I can turn it on and open the DVD drive and all but I get no sound/picture. Anyone know what happened? Anyone think they can help me figure out what exactly is fried?

2. suburban

suburban Member

I remember setting the HD down on this large metal piece right in the middle of the MOBO. Could I have just fried the HD? How can I figure out?

3. calcium

calcium Member

ha ha unlucky kenttucky

4. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

can you ftp to look at your hard drives files?

5. suburban

suburban Member

Now when I turn it on I hear the sounds from the MS bootup but I have no video. Does anyone have an idea? I'd like to fix this instead of buying a new xbox but I'm getting frustrated.

6. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Can you de-solder chips? You will need to, I think. The video encoder (Conexant, Focus, or Xcalibur which ever you have on your motherboard) is not sending signal to your TV. This chip will have to go first. To get replacement parts, you can buy a broken xbox motherboard off eBay. Just makes ure you get the same version as you have.