1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crap someone help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FreeGamer, Mar 28, 2005.

1. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok I ordered my SwapMagic 3.3 and should be receiving it tomorrow morning! My burning is saying it burning at 4x not 1x even known I set it to 1x...But will they still play??

2. keras

keras Regular member

they will probably work, depending on the media you are using.

The reason they are not backing up at 1x is probably because either your media or your burner doesn't support it.

What type media are you using?

3. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Memorex DVD-R...

4. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Are them any good or no?

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

generally, they're crap...all i ever use anymore are Ritek/Ridata or Verbatim. i've heard many good things about TY, though.

6. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

So Memorex ones won't work in my PS2?? This is BS

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, they may...it just depends on if you got a good batch or a bad one. even in a bad batch, often several dvds will work. also, what version is your ps2? if it's a v. 4 or earlier, it most likely won't play dvd+r's.

8. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Mines like v9...But I said I was using DVD-R not DVD+R...I do have both +/- Memorex! Which do you recommend? + or -

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

with a v. 9, it doesn't really matter. if one lets you burn any slower at all than the other, i'd go with the slower ones. memorex is fine for data (most say), but for games and movies, it's worth any extra cash to buy the higher quality media. it's still only 35 to 50 cents if you order it in spindles online, at stores such as newegge.com. most quality blanks, you'll find, can easily be burned at 4X and even confidently at 8X. good luck.

10. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

Itt'l work at 4x. I burn games at 16x with Pioneer 108 burner and TDK DVD+r or Maxell DVD-r and they work fine. Also my buddy has a V1 PS2 and they play DVD+R fine. It's just an ol' wives that the older version PS2's dont play DVD+R Media!

11. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok thank you buddy!

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

just because you can burn different media at 16x doesn't guarantee freegamer can burn his/her media at 4x. it just doesn't work that way. and as far as a ps2 v. 1 playing dvd+r, that's not an old wives' tale. your friends is apparently a lucky S.O.B. my point is, caution never hurt and saves you a few bucks along the way. :)