1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crappy MP3 Audio ..Can it be fixed?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bonitah, Mar 20, 2005.

1. bonitah

bonitah Member

I have an audio book mp3 file, and when I play it, it sounds like the narrator is in a tunnel or in something that vibrates...LOL..it's terrible..there is no way I can listen to that for 10 hours..:) Is there anyway to fix the sound so its not so weird? I played the file through my sound card, and using the eax feature it comes out not too bad..however I don't want to sit at my computer to listen to this book...is there any kind of program/software that can fix the sound and resave it so I can burn it to a disc and use?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You can always use a Sound Editor such as Audacity !! It has under EFFECTS ~~ a series of filters you can use to remove or attenuate that Tunnel Effect and other annoying things you may have.

it's available here :-

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

? and it is FREE ~~

Smiles !

3. bonitah

bonitah Member

Great I am downloading it now...and will play with it to see if I can get these files sounding better..
    Any ideas of what effect would remove the tunnel effect..or whatever it might be...basically it simply sounds the craps! hehe...
    thanks so much :)

bonitah

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Your best friend when you use that program is the UNDO Arrow -- means you can try a filter... listen to it.. and if you not happy.. click that Undo Arrow ~~ smiles.

Pretty hard for me to suggest a filter to use -- I have'nt heard your file ;; but if it's a low frequency -- too much of it--- you can use High Pass filters.

Good Luck in your editing.

5. bonitah

bonitah Member

I tried the High Pass filter and it did not help I then after a lot of experimentation I tried a combination of the Hard Limiter, wahwah, and the normalizer. It didn't really do very much at all.. I sure is frustrating...lol...and of course after a time your ears starting making your head THINK that the file is sounding better...lol..

Maybe its not possible to make some mp3s sound better? Like I said its really weird because just through the sound card and the eax setting of "living room" it sounds pretty good...

Also I have an audio book who's volume is very low..when I play it I have to really crank up the volume.. is it possible to change the volume with out re-recording it? As in make the change with audacity and just resave it..?

thanks..:)