1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crappy nero support

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gwaitsi, Nov 2, 2007.

1. gwaitsi

gwaitsi Member

I bought there crappy product & the blu-ray option so i could convert movies to my HDD and stream them to my PS3.

For a month of have been trying to get support from these jokers. I have to wait a week for a childish answer from people who clearly know nothing about their own products. Unbelievable.

I emailed their marketing manager twice and now the marketing director asking for either a refund, or support from someone who actually knows something about the product. Did i get a response? no!

Try this quote from the last reply i got.
    Problem: The Adobe Premiere plugin crashes in Vista when trying to export to nero digital. "Unfortunately i do not understand what this has to do with Nero." Ahh -- like it's your f.cking plugin!

Or this one: -
    Problem: DTS Decoder doesn't work properly i.e. can't import movie sound tracks in Vision or Recode. Showtime plays the audio but displays error. "We do support normal 5.1 DTS but not DTS HD" - no sh.t! That's why i paid 25 f.cking euros for the plugin....only it would be good if it actually worked!!!

How bout this one: -
    Problem: Nero MP4 (video) doesn't stream to PS3 - audio is OK.
    "What kind of Network do you have?" i f.cking told you twice already it is over a wireless lan and that DivX and xVid stream OK.

Or lastly, a clean install on Vista brings up a dialog error stating SetupX.exe needs to be run. Installing a 2nd time doesn't show this error.

I have a half page lecture on how to make a f.cking screen shot - ARE YOU F.CKING SERIOUS NERO!!!!

My advise, if you are considering a product from these pr.cks....don't do it...or use a pirate version....

You don't get what you pay for and more importantly, they don't offer you any support when something doesn't work as advertised.

2. attar

attar Senior member

@gwaitsi

Well said.

Sadly though, Nero is what's packaged with most burners and the rest of us can only add our crumb of comfort to those run into problems - in my case, only if the problem falls within the range of hardware or software that I have and I have neither HD, PS3 nor Vista.
    Good luck.

3. ncjumper

ncjumper Member

I agree. I am flabbergasted with how terrible this product is, and how the support is simply not there. They have a non-searchable blog on their website...what kinda kindergarten are they running over there. Where are the answers to the inevitable work arounds that will be needed for this crappy piece of software. I'm so pissed I bought this. I read reviews, but apparently the wrong ones. I wish I had found this site earlier and I would have saved myself some money.

The interface in non-intuitive and filled with tons of bloat. Doesn't work with shrink. Doesn't do many things that a $80 freakin dollar program should do effortlessly.

Buyer beware I guess....but this sucks. I would go out of my way to start stealing their software to make up for the money they stole from me, but if its going to be this kind of quality, I won't even bother with it for free. Are you listening Nero? You suck.

Maybe Ill just post my key in a forum someday with instructions and let people go nuts with it. I can't believed I paid for it, I thought that I should since it was supposed to be good, but instead I was the one that got pirated.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

ncjumper, no email posting as per forum rules, post edited.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I think the real bitch should be with Micro$oft and their POS OS that Nero is trying to get their product to work with. I've used Nero (not HD/BR) on my XP for years and have had no issues with it.

6. gwaitsi

gwaitsi Member

locoeng, don't think your with the program there mate.

Only one of the issues is related to the OS (Vista Install), possibly two (the adobe plugin).

The other issues are generic product issues across all OS's

7. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Oh I'm with the program all right...

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Now now, let's be civil children x)

Anyway, we all know what an unstable POS Nero is for the most part, so what ya gunna do? Use IMGBurn. xD

:lol:

9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I have trouble gettign nero to run on Vista but always works on XP, so its more of a crappy OS thing to fix than anything else, maybe they will get it fixed in a few months, so far its not quite as bad as Easy cd/dvd maker goign to XP now there was a nightmare.

Also BR/HDVD burning is still imperfect and nero has a whole app to work it into, how long did it take roxio to work stable on XP, OS changes are a btch everything hat made a program work in one OS changes or is removed in the other.

Nero dose need better support I wont pay more than 30$ for a update since they lack even a forum to go to and find help for a issue but I guess they have to hide some facts the media mafia LOL

Img burn is nice tho probably the best free ware burn program out, whats the best/easiest rip/convert dvd video/video program tho?