1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRAXTION

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by roccy82, Jun 21, 2003.

1. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Hi i have recently copied RTCW on my xbox harddrive. I tried to play it off the harddrive but it didn't work. I read through a couple of the discussions and found that i need to patch the default.xbe (i had never heard of this) so i got craxtion v2.1. Now how do i use craxtion? Does it go on the xbox harddrive? And does it need to go in any particular place on the harddrive?? I know this might sound stupid but i have no idea!!! Thanks for your help in advance!!!

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

FTP the default.xbe file over from the xbox to the PC HD.. click on tools and then select the patcher.. find the file u FTP'd over and patch it then send it back to the xbox overwriting the old one.

3. JohnAu

JohnAu Guest

Listen to Dank thats exactly what I had to do even though I have the "auto-patching" 4976 bios on my xbox. Just use craxton to patch the default.xbe and send it back over-It should work like a dream form then on.

4. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

be sure to turn all the "in game reset" mode off in "system info"

5. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Thanks guys!! Is ver 2.1 the latest version of craxtion?? Anyone know if there is a latest version and where to get as i have found it hard to find. Thanks again!!

6. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Hi guys, i have found the download for craxtion however it doesn't work. i get an error saying "Conv.exe not found in this programs directory! Please put Conv.exe into this programs directory. Craxtion will now terminate". The weird thing is that Conv.exe is in the directory of Craxtion!! I have downaloaded the .OCX files which fixed one problem but now i have this. Any suggestions???

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  7. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Igonore previous messages!! All fixed!

8. strings41

strings41 Member

How did you fix it? I downloaded it and I don't have a .exe in it. None of my icons in the folder will open as a program. Please be specific.

9. Dank

Dank Regular member

three is a fix file on there website that gives you the missing files go there and d/l it and install it