1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Bittorrent issue-barely downloading

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ljbrandt, Jul 6, 2007.

1. ljbrandt

ljbrandt Member

Hey guys...

I know this has been asked a million times but...

I've been having a strange issue with bittorrent lately where my d/l speeds have slowed to a crawl (between 1-7k/sec) and my web browsing speed is ridiculous when BT is running. I don't understand why this is happening since I have done absolutely nothing in terms of changing my internet setup or OS configurations. My firewall is not an issue since I'v checked it and it IS allowing Bittorrent and some other programs to pass. I don't have a router, so i don't think its a port issue...

One thing of note though, is that im getting HUGE swarm speeds on some of my downloads, upwards of 500kb-2MB/sec...not sure is this means anything.

Any and all help appreciated here...I'm kinda a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I pride myself with being able to figure these things out...just not this time :-0

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

maybe your isp is throttling torrent traffic.

3. ljbrandt

ljbrandt Member

Could be...

I switched to Azureus and enabled RC4 encryption and problem solved! Super fast D/L's and simultaneous web browsing, no issue.