1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazzzzy Burning Time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SellOut8, Oct 25, 2004.

1. SellOut8

SellOut8 Member

Im using a Sony DRU with Nero Quick software My comp is about mid line not crap but not the best in the world either

WEll im trying to burn a mpeg movie thats already on my comp using -R. It only a hour an a half movie its about mid quality and the burn speed is set at max( not sure what exact speed but i think i says like 67x by speed), im not sure tho
    But After I set up the menu stuff and get it ready for encoding and stuff it says itll take a good 12 hours to complete. Its only about 2 GB

Im not sure i dont think im burner screwed i just think my settings arnt right or something

thx
    -Evan

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. SellOut8

SellOut8 Member

Iv also read that ur CPU usage should be at 100% and it is

I need help im a newb at this so far

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  3. SellOut8

SellOut8 Member

anyone?

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hey Evan,

Its not the burn which is taking so long...its the fact that the file is being re-encoded. It must be in the wrong file format for a DVD.

To check on the file format you can use a program like GSpot... it'll tell you the bitrate, etc. of the file.

Maybe try using something like TMPGEnc to convert it first. It general does a good job.

Adder.