1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRC(different syptoms)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrperry05, Aug 13, 2004.

1. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

hi all, i need experienced help, during Nero a CRC data message comes up, the same thing occurs during CloneDVD2(in other messages it comes up in shrink, but my disks sail through shrink) and it cannot be my verbatim DVD+RWs because they are brand new, ive tried RitekGO4s but the same message crops up.I have downloaded the lastest firmware for my sony DRU-530a and I have tried a variety of different DVDs(they are not scratched believe me) P.s i have not created a DVD yet, any help would be nice

2. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

tried differrent DVD unsucessfull yet again has any1 got any ideas

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi mrperry05, Welcome to the neighborhood,

Do you mean that you can burn good discs using DVD Shrink ??

If so -

??

As I'm sure you know a CRC error usually means there's something wrong with the media BUT in your case if what you say is true we have to look elsewhere - So, I'll need some more info -

Let's start with your PC's specs -

What programs are you using beside DVD Shrink, Nero and Clone DVD ?

Please tell me the order in which you are using the above proggys and your proggy settings for Nero and for Shrink -

What type of files are you starting out with, where did they originate -

Do you have a working ASPI layer ?

With that info I'll have an idea where to start -

Cheers,

Pete

4. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

hi pete im using windows xp professional,i have nero 6 ultra, cloneDVD2, DVDshrink 3.1, DVDecrypter(don't use it). I have a Sony DRU-530a for writing and a Sony CRX320E for shrinking(reading). first I use shrink then i use nero i have swapped things around alot for e.g shrink then clone same Data error message comes up. I have tried the whole of my DVD collection and haven't copied one of them yet i'm currently using verbatim DVD+RWs i have tried loads a different kinds RitekG04 DVD-Rs.As I say it takes about half an hour to shrink my disks then it stops about 1/2 way through on Nero

thanks mate

5. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest

yes my ASPI layer is working + and I have tried a load of different speeds 2x, 4x and Max none have paid off! again cheers

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

7. mrperry05

mrperry05 Guest