1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRC Error with almost every disk i've burned

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zeeboid, Mar 23, 2004.

1. zeeboid

zeeboid Member

Hey. I have a NEC ND-1300a Drive and i've burned around a hundred disks before checking them. i've got CRC errors (cyclic redundancy check) with almost every disk. i've tried 3 diffrent formes of DVD R Media + and -. any sugguestions as to what could be worng? i've got the firmware 1.08 and i've been using Stomp RECORDNOW Max.

Thanks
    Pete

Last edited: Mar 23, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That really sucks.

What are the brands of the three types of media you've used?

3. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I tried 9 different burning software setups before settling on what works for me. Many setups wouldn't work well on my machine but other people had them working properly.

Try a few different programs and test the copies on a standalone player.

My preffered setup is shrink 3.1.7.6 with Dvddecryter to automatically burn. 1click DVD copy is my backup and I have Nero 6 OE on my machines for added flexabilty.

My preffered media is now Supermedia DVD-R, Ritek, and soon prodisc.

4. zeeboid

zeeboid Member

i've tried Fujifilm, Some generic brand, Memorex, and TDK media. i am not doing anything with video, its all dada backup and what not... is SHRINK just for movies? i have NERO 6.0 as well, but haven't tried that yet...

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A CRC means your drive can't read the disc which indicates corrupt files. If you have over 100 data discs you may be interested in this recovery app:

http://www.infinadyne.com/cddvd_diagnostic.html

I'd suggest buying the highest quality discs you can such as Ritek G04, Verbatim's Metal AZO or Taiyo Yuden as well as trying a slower burn.

6. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I assume you can put the data on the disc but can't read the data back to the computer. Is that the case?

What are your system specs and how do you have the hard drive and burner connected?

7. zeeboid

zeeboid Member

I've got a pent. 4 2.53 with 1gig of DDR ram (i'm PRETTY DARN SURE its the one above 2700) running a raid hard drive system (2x100) and a AVI Raidon 9800 Pro.

i'll have to check out that program, also i've tried burning one disk using nero and i'll see in a few minunits weather or not this disk works, if it does, i'll try another and let ya know..

Pete

8. pbailey

pbailey Regular member

You burnt 100 dvds before checking them??!!
    You obviously have money to throw around, i check every disk hardcore after i burn it lol, no money for frivolous purchases ;)

Dvd shrink is for movies only, for data i've only ever used recordnow dx 4.6 data mode, without fail it's worked, including putting my entire collection of mp3s on dvd which play back in all the dvd players i've tested them with, now i just want a dvd player for my car, 4.35 gig of music on each disc is awesome.