1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crc error with dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ladystat, Dec 10, 2004.

1. ladystat

ladystat Guest

hiya all.. i have been trying to burn copies from copies with dvd shink and it will get about 3% into the encoding
    process them it will come up with a crc error...the disk being copied from is good...works great in any dvd player...what could be the problem...

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A CRC off a burned disc means it was a substandard burn. Standalone untits are made to ignore small errors which is why it'll play in that but when it comes to ripping the disc bit for bit in your PC's drive these errors will stop the process.

You may want to rip them with DVD Decrypter at a low speed and if that doesn't work you may need to set Decrypter to ignore read errors.

You can avoid this in the future by using higher quality media if you aren't doing so already, lowering the burn speed and updating the firmware for you burner :)

3. hijacker

hijacker Guest

Strong laser beam in dvd player weak laser in burner and scratched and fucked up disc will give that error

4. babyrat8

babyrat8 Member

I cannot seem to rip a dvd on either of my dvd burners
    without getting the Data Error (CRC Cyclic Redundancy Check). What could the problem and how could it be fixed. Thanks

5. t-rex

t-rex Member

ok heres the low down. assuming your disc is not dirty or damaged... the crc error is a new form of copy protection. crc is info in the file that sends file size to the destination (ie. hard drive) to confirm that the file transferred and the source file are the same size. this is to insure that transferred files are not corrupt. this is how the copy protect works... the file (vob) being copied to your hard drive gives invalid file size info therefore causes crc error. so why does the dvd work on a stand alone? it works on a stand alone because dvd players do not use crc. pc's do use the crc making a problamtic copy. i ran into this problem with resident evil 2. so what's the fix? i used ANYDVD to unecrypt the dvd for reading and the VOBBLANKER, then your dvd burning software of choice. i hope this info helps!!! cheers
    pass it along to all others.!!!!!!!!
    sticky it !