1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creakys consolidation

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by varnull, Jul 3, 2009.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

The sad f-----s can't even look before posting.. do you really expect them to READ a sticky?? http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-45/read_second_rules_1st_ultimate_sticky_sticky-782581/

sorry bro.. had to be said.. I can't wait for the forum software structure update.. it must be easy to disallow duplicate thread titles and certain words in topic titles.. that would be fun.

I can see it now... "topic title.. dvd shrink" .. "your question has been asked 289 MILLION TIMES.. use search you lazy MOFO!!!!" or even better...

[​IMG]

yeah.. it's Friday and the laser burned today :( damn.. I was even going to use an apostrophe in the correct place.. and forgot

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2009
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

jan, what does this mean "and the laser burned today"?

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I think the penny just dropped re the laser.
    Anyways, i'm not sure an ultimate sticky was relevant for the All Other Topics forum either, i was just spring cleaning, it can always be undone, maybe ddp can have a look see at what he thinks. I was going to add a sticky to each forum re the AD IRC channel, but again, people don't bother looking up the screen - maybe if something automatically pre-empted their posts (while they're typing) with stuff like "Look up, look up there", and kept doing it until they entered a codeword or something :p
    But you're quite right, the buggers don't read any of the stickies anyway, in any forum, and yes i wonder why we bother but i live in hope that by keeping the place clean, they will one day see the light :)

That would be fun, if a thread title was auto-amended to reflect the amount of times it was duped.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  4. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

I musta missed something, ultimate stickies came into place a while ago when the wii section started getting out of hand and has since then spread to other sections.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Varnull was probably just having a bad day :p

6. varnull

varnull Guest

You guessed it.. and apart from having a giggle I was making a suggestion about a possible feature for the admins.. a check to see if the topic title has been used before. Similar to the banlist feature which compares strings in user names or emails associated with accounts.

As for the laser.. I tried my best these last 2 weeks to stay out of the sun, but it's impossible when the uv index hits 14 and you have to go out to do a few jobs. Even with factor 50 sunscreen I have browned a little.. and the laser targets dark against light.. so instead of just hitting the hair it's scorched my skin a little as well. yowzers was it burning last night.. like real bad sunburn.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

lasers are also used to supposedly stop smoking so wasn't sure what you were talking about.