1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create an ISO File

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dthorpe, Jan 11, 2004.

1. dthorpe

dthorpe Member

Ok, I ripped a DVD to my hard drive using DVD Decrypter. I would now like to create an large ISO file from the files on my hard drive.
    I tried using CopytoDVD this works but instead of creating 1 large ISO file it creates 6 files that are
    1.48gb each. What want is 1 large file not 6.
    Someone got the solution?
    I am using Windows XP formatted with NTFS so this should not be a problem.

DT

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why Make an ISO File??? There is No advantage to converting the Video_TS folder to ISO and Burning it to DVD then there is to Just burning the Video_TS Folder to DVD....

3. dthorpe

dthorpe Member

What you say makes sense. I'm new to this and one of the things I have been doing is loading up an ISO file with Alcohol 120's virtual drive and then it plays fine on my computer. If the files were left in the Video_TS as you suggest what software could I use
    to play back the files like I have been doing on Alcohol 120's virtual drive.
    Thanks for your help.
    D.T

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you had the Video_TS Folder you wouldn"t need to Mount it on a Virtual Drive to watch the Movie...You would just need a Software DVD Player Like WinDVD or PowerDVD and use one of them to watch the Movie directly from the Video_TS folder....