1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create copy of PC DVD disk?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by norml, Oct 15, 2007.

1. norml

norml Member

Hope this is in the right forum and I didnt see this answered on any stickies....

I have a PC game on DVD and I want to create a playable copy to play across my LAN.

I have tried clonedvd2/anydvd, didnt work.
    Also tried iso buster and didnt work either.

Would nero ultra 6 work? I have made lots of nice shiny coasters for my family for xmas and don't have room for anymore!

Am running XP Pro with a single layer dvd burner and can successfully back up movies, just can't get this game to copy.

Thanks for the help

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Slysoft.com has Game Jackal. I don't know if that's what you're looking for or not. The game forums are where you want to be.

3. norml

norml Member

So no game forums on here I take it? I wasn't sure if I could post this here or not but afterdawn is the place for backup help.
    Where would you recommend? And thanks I will check out game jackal.
    Thanks for the prompt reply, anyhow!!

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Plenty of game threads and forums. Look under Forums at the top of your page. What you're looking for is under Consoles. DVD for Newbies is about DVD video backups.

5. norml

norml Member

I do not see anything in the Console Forum for discussion about PC games.

And the Windows Forums specify no discussion about DVD's....

Maybe they need to add a new forum or maybe someone could lend a hand here with an answer...

the forums apparently have changed since I joined in late 90s at the dvdxcopy site

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Games would have to have extra besides the video aspect. That means a different file structure and often different software. Not too long ago the games could be copied with DVD Decrypter and then burned. That was when the games fit a DVD5. That might still work, according to the copy protection used on the DVD. But as long as I've been around, I've not seen much discussion of PC games in the DVD for newbies section. Here is the forum description for DVD for Newbies. This forum is meant for beginners who wish to backup their DVD movies. Advanced DVD adds user videos. You might want to ask a mod where the question might best be placed.

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Moved to Windows Games forum.

8. norml

norml Member

Thank you PacMan

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Now that your post is in the right spot, I hope you find your answer. I'll be interested to see how it's done. I was looking over a game I have. The installation disks are CD, not DVD, and there's a bunch of data files, in fact, I didn't see any DVD video files.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  10. mrsilly69

mrsilly69 Member

i have been trying to use game jackal pro i have software that i am trying to play, but i cant pass the point of registering it, how can i find out how to grab the file i need so i can play my program, it contains video files, a program to videotape my child's swing and help her get better but i cant seem to pass the registration portion, i dont want to carry my disk with me every where i go..