1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

create DVD from existing VOB files

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by nicolasr, Sep 7, 2007.

1. nicolasr

nicolasr Member

Hello,

I have different VOB files (File-001.vob, ..., File-027.vob) each representing a Chapter of a movie. (I have no IFO files)

I would like to create a DVD structure from these files (without loosing quality -> no compression).

How can I process (i want of course to keep the Chapters division) ?

Thanks in advance

2. attar

attar Senior member

One way is to write down the running time of each file, then load them all into Nero Vision.
    Merge them all so they are one file.
    Create chapters manually by sliding the bar until the approximate time of the first file, create the Chapter point, then type in the actual value in minutes and seconds.
    Add the time of the first chapter to the running time of the second file and create a chapter point at the combined time.
    Keep accumulating the times of the clips and creating chapters at those times.
    Use the simulator to check the operation and go back and adjust if required.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

there are a few programs you can use to do what you are wanting to do, you can use dvd shrink and you can use ashampoo

4. attar

attar Senior member

@rdmercer1

I don't know about ashampoo, but will DVD Shrink load the files without a full DVD structure?
    It always seems very particular to me.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  5. jrx10

jrx10 Member

6. aftersam

aftersam Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  7. nicolasr

nicolasr Member

Thanks for these suggestions.
    I've tried:
    * Nero Vision
    * ashampoo
    * this one removed by creaky as it's spam

The problem is that none of them is capable of keeping the different sounds tracks and subtitles my VOB files contain (I loose all the subtitles and all the languages but one).

==> How can I create a DVD structure from differnt VOB files containing video / several sound tracks / subtitles I want to keep ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  8. nicolasr

nicolasr Member

OK, I've tried differently: I demux my VOB files into m2v/ac3 files then remux them.
    The problem is that it only works if I demux with ReJig and remux with IfoEdit. And the subtitles doesn't work (I get sup files with VobEdit, but when remux them with IfoEdit, I get errors)

==> What are the other possibilities to extract the subtitles from my VOB files (in sup format preferably so that I can use them with IfoEdit to remux) and add them to the DVD ?