1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create dvds

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by deezalboy, Jan 26, 2015.

1. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

I have been using a free Dvd creator but it is quite slow. Is there another that is quick and doesn`t take ages please?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Get a faster computer

3. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

Well that`s some reply and no help. My computer is brand new Windows 8.1 and extremely fast. Maybe someone else could advise in a civil way.???

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is the specs on the win8.1 computer & how long does it take to burn a dvd using that free dvd creator? who makes the dvd disks?

5. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

(1) The computer is a genuine Windows 8.1 version which cost me about $600. (2) Depending on the size too long. Can take well over an hour up to 2. (3) Taiyo Yuden Discs.
    To clear this up, the free i`m using is Dvd Flick, which is very good in quality and operating but very slow. I`ll keep googling for something faster unless someone on this forum comes up with something. Cheers

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't have time to waste on members who insist on being vague,you didn't even answer ddp,try again

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

still need the specs. what speed are you burning at as in 8x, 16x or what? try cdburner xp https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home as I have installed it onto win8.1 for customers.

8. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

It`s obvious you don`t understand. Dvd Flick is very slow as i mentioned before. Bye. ( How would you know my computer is supposed to be the problem) Bye again

9. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

No specs. Speed is not the issue.....Dvd Flick is too slow. Oh dear.

10. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Its not 64bit software however it may make a small difference (link below).if it has it change process priority to above medium or set to high,don't use comp while its processing that's about all you'll be able to do,in the end your limited to what your cpu is capable of.

AVStoDVD
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

ps: Tool Time mantra states "More Power"

11. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

No, Dvd Flick is extremely slow. It`s not my computer. Finis.

12. Atifraza

Atifraza Newbie

i,

Don't know if i am posting this in the correct place, forgive me if i am not - need some help with duplicating a CITB skills dvd - Health,Safety and Environment test DVD.

I have the original DVD, bought etc, i am trying to make a back up copy and so far have created a number of "coasters" - all claim to have completed successfully but fail an authentication test before installation starts. I am presuming this application is embedded within the

on't believe this is a standard copyrite block as such , like on dvd movies, audio discs etc, this is something different.

عاطف رضا

13. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

re-encoding video is generally slow, regardless of using dvd flick or other software.Mine takes about an hour or 2 to re-encode that's normal time increasing cpu speed will increase speed.
    As far as i know microsoft doesn't make pcs, windows is the operating system not the maker of the pc.

burning speed doesn't make much different i'm pretty sure its still the encoding that takes ages (creating an image file), i use to burn at 16x encoding would take me an hour or so and burning would take 15minutes.

14. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Start a new topic & be more clear as this makes no sense " but fail an authentication test before installation starts"

15. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

Actually you wasted my time by being blunt and uncivil and telling me to "get a faster computer" when you could`nt possibly know anything about my computer. Cease.

16. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member

Thank You, now that`s an answer relevant to my original post question "I have been using a free Dvd creator but it is quite slow. Is there another that is quick and doesn`t take ages please?? I was really asking is there something faster than what i am using, i.e. Dvd Flick and you have attempted to answer that without unnecessary information or assumes. Cheers.

17. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yes ! finally we're getting somewhere.Exactly i couldn't know anything about your computer however i do know mine & what decoding & encoding takes & the times at least for a dual core.So drawing on my experience the answer to a computer that is perceived to be slow encoding is..drum roll.....................................................you need more power

in other words get a faster computer,yes deez its that simple,nothing implied no diss'n anything since there was originally no mention of anything new,just good ol' fashion personal experience & the only answer i could give,i reconfirmed what i said about faster & why by adding more detail to my 3rd post which you chose to ignore,however now that xbox has posted things may seem a little less clouded yes

18. deezalboy

deezalboy Regular member