1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create IFO incl. menu/extras

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by elangsru, Apr 6, 2005.

1. elangsru

elangsru Member

I have a set of VOB and BUP files but no IFO files. I tried to use IFOedit to create the ifo-files wich kind of worked. But...I can't seem to include the menu - the movie starts right away!?

I have the following files and used VTS_01_0.VOB to create a ifo-file in IFOedit:

VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB

VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.BUP

How do I go about to include the menu. If i try to create a ifo-file from the 02-files the movie won't start/burn.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

In order for you to have a working menu, you require a VIDEO_TS.VOB and it's corresponding IFO.

Re-rip the movie and include all files, you will see the VOB that I am talking about.

Can't understand why you have these files missing, is this a downloaded then converted movie, if so what program have you used?

How did you obtain those files on your pc?

3. elangsru

elangsru Member

I've downloaded it, I didnt do the ripping....

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well, if you downloaded it, did you download it as the files are, or were they in a divx/avi format?
    And if so what program did you use to convert them to dvd compliant files?

The problem you have is that there is no menu video/graphics in your file set, therefore - no menu.
    What you will probably need is to create your own working menus and re-author the file set to contain the new menu.
    There are several programs around for menu generation, such as Dvd Author TMPGenc, Nero Recode (I think), DVDfab.

Do a search and also look in the downloads section here at Afterdawn, there are some available for you there.

5. elangsru

elangsru Member

I downloaded the files as you see them above. Didn't do anytning (ripping og coding). I realized that all or one of the ifo-files where missing and wondered if I could create them from either the vob or bup files. Then I came by IFOedit.

I tried to do two things in ifoedit:

First...
    I created ifo-files based on the three bub-files (opened each bup-file and then made each ifo-file from that). After doing that I was able to start the dvd on my computer. It began playing the intro/splashscreen/warning and then the menu. From the menu I was able to start the movie and watch the bonus/trailer.

I was not able to "load" the movie (or copy it) in dvdshrink.

Second...
    I tried to make ifo-files in Create IFO mode in IFOedit. There I made a video_ts_ifo + VTS_01_0.IFO from the file VTS_01_0.VOB (as described on www.ifoedit.com). When playing the movie on my computer it started to play the movie right away. No splash or menu, but I was able to load it to DvdShrink and copy it

Then i tried to make a ifo file from VTS_02_0.VOB but that did'nt work at all. It did'nt start to play.

I've come to the conclusion that the menu and extra is "in there" somewhere, but I dont know how to make it play. It might be that some of the chapters in the main movie won't play in chronological order either. I'll have to burn and see the movie to check that. But I was hoping on some help to get the menu starting....:)