1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

create semi transparent images

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by chanman1, Mar 4, 2007.

1. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

i don't really want to create one from scratch. well, basically my overall goal is that i want to change one of my images so it is semi transparent, then have a custom wave for my psp, then put the semi transparent image as my background so i will have a semi transparent image but u can see waves in the background. is there some setting that lets me do this or something? or something i can do? i tried setting opacity to 30 and using the eraser tool, but i don't know if that 'qualifies'...on second thought, i don't think so, as i still need to be able to see whats on the other side

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

its free
    Welcome to GIMPShop dot Net

Welcome to GIMPShop dot Net. Your one-stop-shop for all the news, downloads, and tips for GIMPShop. GIMPShop is a free graphics editor for Mac, Linux, and Windows. It's easy to pick up and learn, especially if you already know Photoshop. Check back often for the latest!

GIMPShop is a free Open Source image editor that is similar to the popular Adobe Photoshop. Specifically GIMPShop is a version of the GIMP that has been edited to be more user-friendly for Photoshop users.

GIMPShop was created by Attack of the Show's Scott Moschella. The menu structure and terminology are adapted to to look and feel more like Photoshop, and other adjustments were made to make the GIMP more usable. In the Windows version, the Deweirdifyer Plugin has been used to place all of the various windows into one nesting window, so it will act more like a single program that multiple little programs.. Also the menu structure and terminology are adapted to to look and feel more like Photoshop.

GIMPShop was orginally developed for Mac OS X, but has been ported to Windows, Linux, and Solaris.

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! This site is dedicated to one of the coolest apps on the web, GIMPShop. My little site is a gateway to tons of information about GIMPShop, The GIMP, and other open source programs. I want to make clear, I am not Scott Moschella, creator of GIMPShop, nor have I done anything related to the making of GIMPShop. I'm just a fan. I don't know how many "fan sites" there are to programs out there, but this is one of them. I hope this site will be useful in your quest for more knowledge about GIMPShop.

- Enjoy!

GO HERE

http://www.gimpshop.net/

3. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

ok...thanks...now i was wondering what would i do? for a semi transparent image? i found layer->transparency but i have no idea what to do or what any of it means

4. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

1. make the background transparent ( should show grey square )

2. put the pic you want on a new layer

3. lower its opacity to 50% or something... depends on how dark/light it is.

MERGE DONT FLATTEN and save as .png

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

thanks, got it figured out now

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

thecraigc, edit your sig as is 2.5k over limit of 50k. reads 52,503 bytes.

7. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

2.5k!! seriously!?!!

GOD!! PS said it was 47 odds...

awww well...

i'll edit it...

btw, i get about 51k on FireFox