1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Create subtitles from video audio track

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by garry mcvay, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garry mcvay

garry mcvay Member

Hi. I have a number of .mp4 H264 videos I made from Original DVD's and there were never any subtitles for the episodes contained in the DVD's. I want to get subtitles in English and then translate them to Romanian so my partner can know what's being said! I have searched the net for subs and there are none in any language because the Series never had subs added to the episodes.
    I have searched the net for apps that will create a .srt file from the audio track and have found some that claim to do it but they don not...or I just can't get it right..I watched Instruction videos and follewed the steps as given and its no can/will do.
    Two of several apps I have tried are Subtitle Edit v 3.5.1 and Aegisub v 3.2.2.
    Aegisub instruction is here and I am stuffed , because it doesn't save the supposed capture of the audio to a .srt file.... http://www.wikihow.com/Create-Subtitles-Using-Aegisub
    Subtitle Edit is a stinker also.
    So, does anyone know of an app that will extract a subtitle from a video Audio track? I would kiss ya if you can point me to the ultimate solution?
    Just windering if I can use Voice to Text app to do the capture of spoken dialogue and send it to a notepad txt or MS Office Word.
    Whatever, I WANT to get the subs...somehow-anyhow.

Thanks

kioti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.