1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a backup to Mercenaries??? NOT WORKING?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by willys29, Feb 20, 2005.

1. willys29

willys29 Member

I am trying to create a backup to Mercenaries. I have read alot on the forum, but can't get it to work. I have been using DVD Decrypter and I just got Alcohol 120%, but havent used it yet. When I used DVD Decrypter it created one file on my hard drive. It was a MDS file. I put it onto a DVD even though it is a CD game (it said it wouldn't fit on a CD). I loaded it using Swap Magic 3.3with the slide card. It begins booting up than stops and freezes in the begining on a LOADING section. I used DVD Decrypter to make a backup of True Crimes and it created an MDS and ISO file. I burned the ISO file onto a DVD and have had no problem playing it. Can someone explain to me how to get a backup of Mercenaries working. These are my first attempts so I don't know if patches need to be applied or what the whole rebuilding thing is! Any help would be appreciated!

2. domcot

domcot Member

You need to re-build your iso on this title. There is a patch out there that will do it for you, or you can do it yourself(not that easy). Do a search for mercenaries and you will find lots of threads that explain this.