1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating a disc from .rar files, likely been asked before...

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by sarenarye, Jan 29, 2007.

1. sarenarye

sarenarye Member

Ok, so like an idiot (or overstressed mother of two) I went and downloaded The Sims 2, which consists of 4 .rar files. Thinking myself a genius, I unpacked each .rar and burned the files from each to a disc. I was able to install the game from the discs BUT, when I go to run the game with disc 4 (as you normally would with the originals) it can't find the disc. I've noted through searching that I may need to "rebuild" the .iso files, though I have no clue how on earth to do that.

If anyone here would be willing to either type up a walk through (in english please, i'm really not all that technical) or pm me for my email or messenger sn, I would really appreciate it as just using the simbuilder that DOES work from the installation is getting ultimately boring without being able to actually play the game.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. sarenarye

sarenarye Member

aha! the second link is a huge help, lol. I knew I had to be doing something wrong and now I've found what it is :) I had tried loading the cd with UltraISO, but it wasn't helping either, so that's when I knew something must not be right. Thanks for the help as all the technical stuff makes my head spin sometimes and finding the right threads for each thing can be frustrating if you don't know your way around a new forum ;-) Thanks again. This has saved me a likely few days of frustration and hair loss from ripping it out :p

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That's ok. Glad you got it sorted out :)

~Ripper.