1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a dvd movie with menu

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SerpPsych, Mar 2, 2005.

1. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi everyone .. i just finished creating my first dvd with menu and subtitles i chose, but here is where the delama is, it worked perfectly on my dvd drive on the computer using Nero Show, but not the DVD player, i also wanna mention that i copy on DVD-R LG disks 4.7Gb.

what is it exactly the real difference between copyin on dvd-r or dvd+r, which one is more highly recommended, and how can i know if my DVD player can play any type of DVD, cause what i have here in my mother's in law house is something called

ELTAX DVD-650S

some kind of chinese shit .

any ideas ?!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Wrong window -- Sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2005
  3. olamite

olamite Regular member

try dvd+r they usually work with newer players and try your dvd-r in a ps2 or xbox,let me know what happens,im newbie but i know a lil sumpn'

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  4. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi olamite,

thanx for replying, anyway, i will have to wait until i meet someone with different DVD Player, who knows, it might work for him, since i don't have xbox or ps2, but, u said u have some knowledge about that, so tell me something, have u ever did hear that labeling the DVD before the burning process, could cause your DVD disk not to be recognized by some players, if you labled wrong of course !!! cause i don't remember where i did read that !! and also i wanna tell u that the player i'm using now is old not new..

also, what's the differences between copying on DVD+R and DVD-R disks ?!

5. olamite

olamite Regular member

dont know much about labels,i use a sharpie like T.O.lol oh,try verbatim or maxell dvd-r in your player,what speed are you burning at?try between 4and8x

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  6. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

hi olamite,

thanx for replying back, i think i figured out why it's not working, although i didn't try the disk on another player, it's the media it self, my mother's in law DVD player is a bet old, and it doesn't read
    -R media, so i better think of something else, and the label sometimes does effect, i learned more about that, so the best way is leaving the disk to be labled by the Nero, this way it can be work generally on any player.
    and it's not the brand name that counts here, it doens't matter if it's maxell, verbatim or even LG, what counts is the -R and +R type.
    anyway, i gave the disk to couple of my friends to try it on their DVD players at home, one of them has a new Player from Pioneer, and the other from Hundai, so tonight i will get a clear answer about this problem.

7. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Out of interest, what software did you use SerpPsych?

I am looking for one that can do both a menu and subtitles. Is that what you have? If so, what's the name of what you are using?

If not, what did you use?

Thanks.

8. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

i used a software called Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0

using this software, you create your own movies, very very profissional menus, animated with music and stuff like that, just exactly when u buy it from the store, it also can convert avi or divx or whatever files into full dvd, it has it's own subtitle work shop, but i recommend you to use Subtitle Workshop software, cause it can save srt movies to ulead dvd workshop type, this way, u don't need to creat ur own subtitles, but, something you should know !! to make a profissional DVD with all kind of features and stuff there is a high prise !! you will have to copy on DVD9 disks !! so it's up to u ..

9. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

listen,

i'm doing a guide now, of creating a full DVD disk using few software, and it takes no time to do all that, i will supply in the guide all the web addresses to download these software, all are for free except Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0, it's a 30 days trial version, so u will need to buy it.

when i will be done with it, i will just publish it here if the moderators will allow me :)

right now i'm working on this new software that does the same job, and it's a free software, but, i'm working on the subtitles features, if it works for me, i will send you all the info u need about how to use it and how to be a pro in creating profissional DVDs

good luck

10. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

Which free software?

Can you remember to post a link to your guide in this thread, when you have finished?

I'm going to bookmark it and keep checking back, so it would be useful if you could.

11. SerpPsych

SerpPsych Member

you can check the software right now ,, it's not so easy to use, but nothing is hard if you have converted movies before to DVDs, anyway the software in this link cannot be used alone, and the reason behind that is because this software converts mpeg to DVD, so,in the begining u will have to convert ur movies from AVI,DivX,XviD,Mpeg to M2V file for video, and AC3 file for Audio, then use the software which is called GUI DVD Author to start building your DVD disk.

this is the link to download GUI DVD Author,

http://www.videohelp.com/~gfd/download/GUI_DVDauthor_Full_Install.zip

but remember, fisrt convert your avi file to m2v and ac3 using any software u prefer ..

if u still need help .. u know how to find me :)

good luck