1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a DVD+R from a file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GaLady, Apr 1, 2005.

1. GaLady

GaLady Member

Hello all,

I hope this is the right forum. If not, please accept my apologies. I recently bought a copy of DVD X Copy platinum and got it activated. When I purchased it, I was told I could burn DVD’s from my downloaded files such as .avi, .mpg, etc., etc. They apparently lied to me as the browse button is grayed out. I have read through the different guides and tutorials on how to burn DVD’s but my brain started meltdown and my eyes rolled back in my head. I am totally lost and confused. Can someone tell me a reasonably easy to comprehend and use method or program to burn from files on the hard drive? I do have Nero so could use it if I only knew how. Thanks for any and all help.

GaLady
    Lynn

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

GaLady,
    Dang I wish you would have came here before buying that worthless program. They have been out of buisness for about a year now therefore you will never get any updates or support for that program. Plus it just won't do what most of the free proggys out there will do right now anyway...

Oh well, I do have an easy to follow guide at my website called <Convert AVI to DVD> which will show you how to convert your files to DVD compliant files and burn them on a DVD. The link is in my signature, and best of all the programs are all free :) So no need to waste any more money :)

Good Luck :)

GA hu??? Me too :)

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you have files like AVI and MPG, you can use NeroVision Express 3 (part of the Nero Suite) and just follow the wizard. Pretty starightforward.