1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating an Image with DVD Shrink.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by So_Cal, Apr 10, 2005.

1. So_Cal

So_Cal Member

Hello everyone. I have riped my DVD to my hard-drive using DVD Decrypter and then shrunk it using DVD Shrink. I have been trying to burn the DVD using DVD Decrypter because I have read that it is better than Nero (which I use for data disc's) but when I click on the source button to direct DVD Decrypter to my file it shows nothing in the "VIDEO_TS" folder, however when I go to the folder using Windows Explorer the files are there. When I changed the "Files of Type:" option, from "All Supported Files" to "All Files (*.*)" a whole lot of files came up. I am assuming that I have done something wrong for these files to not show up in the "All Supported Files" option. Shouldn't the image file be one *.ISO file? I had "ISO Image File" selected as my "Backup Target" in DVD Shrink. I don't know what I did wrong. Thank you for any help.

2. walnut187

walnut187 Member

That should be right. It's not just 1 file it's many files when you rip a DVD. I use NERO express and then open the video ts folder on the nero screen then choose add, then select the folder that has the movie files in it, then right click on one and choose select all, then click add, then choose finish, then choose next then burn. Works well with me, but I was not aware that dvd decrypter can burn a disc. i just use dvd decrypter to rip the dvd.Anyways, back to your question it will be a bunch of files for example: I ripped a certain movie last night and it has 3 .ifo files, 3 .BUP files and 7 VOB files. Different movies varie on exactly how many files are in the video_ts folder, but there should always be more than one. I hope this was of some help.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

4. So_Cal

So_Cal Member

Walnut 187, thanks for clearing that up because I do have a lot of files there (85 to be exact).

Arniebear, I had a look at that guide and the only two things that I can see that I did differently was that under the "File I/O" in DVD Shrink I did not un-tick "Enable burning with Nero", which I doubt would have any effect on DVD Decrypter. The second difference was that once I pressed the "Backup!" button in DVD Shrink I selected "ISO Image File" under "Select Backup Target" instead of "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter". I doubt that just because I did not explicitly say burn with DVD Decrypter that DVD shrink would not let me burn with it. After-all, I still had it backup the movie as a ISO Image File.