1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Back Problem, HELP..!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by arsenal81, Jan 21, 2007.

1. arsenal81

arsenal81 Member

I have just made a back from my original NFS Carbon game, i did it using tut from the link below.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/406311

I am getting this when i am playing the backed up disk,

[​IMG]

Can someone please help me so i can back up my games? i dont know what to do? Help me please

thank You

2. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

what burner do you use?, do you use the d162c to backup the game? and list the steps you went through to burning the game. let me know and ill try to help

3. backup

backup Guest

did you set the booktype?

4. arsenal81

arsenal81 Member

sorry for the late reply

below are what i did exactly

- plug the Samsung SH-D162C DVD-ROM with KREON v0.81 FIRMWARE to an external enclosure, installed Schtrom 360 Xtract V3. Inserted NFS Carbon, Chose the default task (whole disk stealth xtreme 3.0)
    - Pressed extract and waited about 10-15 minutes for it to extract the files.
    - Opened the Dvd Decrypter and made sure all the setting are correct and exact the same as the setting i used for burning Lost Planet which i downloaded and works 100% properly.
    - Inserted a verbatim dvd+r dl in to my sony DRU-820A external dvd writer which i used to burn lost planet too.
    -made sure to edit the .DVD file to remove the Layer Break properties as it was inserted in to the DVD Decrypter, i did the same for Lost Planet.
    - Chose the .DVD file to burn, everything was fine. after burning the game, i inserted it in to my xbox 360 and its reading it as a Video DVD and is showing the screen which i have posted above.

I dont know what i have done wrong, is there any other software to rip the xbox 360 games?

I hope someone can help me, Thank you guys

5. jazzyb3

jazzyb3 Member

check that you have dvd decrypter set up as per these instructions:
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=514437

Also make sure as backup sais, that you have changed the booktype setting for the writer:
    http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    ( Change Your DVD+R DL Media to DVD-ROM )

This changes the setting on the disk so that when it is inserted to the 360, it is read as a DVD ROM instead of a DVD+R, depending upon what firmware you have on the 360 drive, if this is not done then the backup will not run.

I hear what your saying, that it al worked o.k. before but its worth checking.

6. arsenal81

arsenal81 Member

my Sony burner is not listed among the burners to change to DVD ROM.

how can i change the booktype on my burner?

Thank You for your help

7. arsenal81

arsenal81 Member

i think i dont have a problem with my dvd writer, its a problem with both backup softwares or the samsung with kreon firmware as i can burn games which i have downloaded from the net, but not being able to back up games i own.

its giving me errors while trying to create the backup using the Schtrom360Xtract_V3.0 and also the xbox backup creator.

the original games dont have a single scratch and 100 playable, but the shd 162d is not being able to read properly i guess, i hope its not because of the external enclosure, i wish inever given away my desktop pc now :(

any recommendations now?

8. arsenal81

arsenal81 Member

Thanks for the links mate, it relly helped, did the nero trick and all games are being burnt on my sony are fine and working.

Thank you guys.

9. jazzyb3

jazzyb3 Member

Nice one, I'm glad you sorted it out.
    I have always had a dislike for Nero but many people swear by it.
    I'm interested to know what the Nero trick is though?
    cheers

10. arsenal81

arsenal81 Member

its in the link you provided to me mate

its as below

Change Your DVD+R/DVD+RW/DVD+R DL Media to DVD-ROM using Nero Burning ROM (Click For Nero Express Tutorial)
    This tutorial assumes that you have a working ISO to burn
    Put in a Blank DVD+R or DVD+RW Disk into your DVD Burner
    Open up the Nero SmartStart
    Click "Cancel" button to close out the "New Compilation" window when it pops up
    Click on "Recorder" > "Choose Recorder".
    Select your DVD Burner
    Then click on "Options", then on "Book Type Settings", set to "Automatic" and click "OK"
    Now whenever you use Nero to burn DVD+R Media, it will automatically change the BookType or BitSet it to DVD-ROM

i did everything step by step and it worked perfectly. i wish i could find this solution before burning 15 useless discs

11. arsenal81

arsenal81 Member

instead of setting it to automatic i had it changed to DVD-ROM. thats it. and once again, thank you mate