1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating coasters :( xvid to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aftergill, Oct 7, 2007.

1. aftergill

aftergill Member

I'm using ConvertXtoDVD and have converted the menu as well as CD1 and CD2 which work fine and can be played from the HDD using VNC.

When burning using CXtoDVD I've had success reports that have failed to work in any of my DVD players (standalones, portables, even my PC that tells me it has burned correctly) and when browsing the disc it appears empty even though CXtoDVD tells me it has finalised fine.

I've tried DVD-R and DVD-RW. I'd been getting too many dead discs so tried using DVD-RW so I could have a few goes at it. After the first go it doesn't even see the disc any more!

When trying with DVD-R I've been writing at 4x using a Lite-On drive and RiData 8x discs and have enabled SAO for DVD-R.

Any tips or suggestions?

TIA

[edit]Oh, and why won't it recognise the DVD-RW any more??

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Try turning off the burn option in ConvertXtoDVD and burn the files in the working folder with 'IMGBurn'.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Click 'Mode' > 'Build'
    Click 'Output' > 'Device'
    Click 'File' > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Set burning speed to 4x and click the green write button.