1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating dummy fonts...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mabarnett, Aug 1, 2007.

1. mabarnett

mabarnett Member

How do I do this? becuase I believe it fress up 2.5mb on Flash0

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

First of all, go into recovery and toggle flash0, and back up everything onto your computer in case it goes wrong.

Then go into the font folder, find ltn0.pgf and drag it to your desktop, while it's there, re-name it to gb3s1518.bwfon and drag it back into your font folder, it will ask you do you want to overwrite, say yes. This frees up about 1mb.

If you want you can also do the exact same thing as above, but this time re-name it to jpn0.pgf which will free up more space (not sure how much, i forgot xD)

That's the fonts for you... But you can also delete your whole dic folder with no side effects.

From doing all of this you will get rid of the asian fonts (eg: Japanese, Chinese etc.) Also there is a chance that it will corrupt your settings and you'll have to enter them again.

When you've done this exit recovery and see if everything is normal, if your PSP won't turn on or something isn't working properly, then go back into recovery and overwrite flash0 with the backup you made.

3. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

hey shokz!
    anyway, just run Flash Agent D4. its the best version in my opinion. it does it automatically.

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

We meet again! Don't ask my why, but if i can do it manually w/o the use of a program, i feel a lot safer :)

Don't trust technology lol

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ahhh but machine is much, much smarter than man

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yes, but i was really just refering to software, and man codes software, i'd rather something that could brick my psp be in my own two hands, i trust them haha :)

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lol fine ill be laughing at u when u take 5 minutes, and i take 10 seconds lool :p

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, i'd figure that using a program to do it, and me doing it, would probably take the same amount of time. If you know how to do it well, then you can do it quickly.

9. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

me: press x when it says replace unneeded flash files.
    u:First of all, go into recovery and toggle flash0, and back up everything onto your computer in case it goes wrong.

Then go into the font folder, find ltn0.pgf and drag it to your desktop, while it's there, re-name it to gb3s1518.bwfon and drag it back into your font folder, it will ask you do you want to overwrite, say yes. This frees up about 1mb.

If you want you can also do the exact same thing as above, but this time re-name it to jpn0.pgf which will free up more space (not sure how much, i forgot xD)

That's the fonts for you... But you can also delete your whole dic folder with no side effects.

From doing all of this you will get rid of the asian fonts (eg: Japanese, Chinese etc.) Also there is a chance that it will corrupt your settings and you'll have to enter them again.

When you've done this exit recovery and see if everything is normal, if your PSP won't turn on or something isn't working properly, then go back into recovery and overwrite flash0 with the backup you made

see who finishes first :p lmao watever i think its awesome ur doin it by urself. maybe ill try it...

10. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Haha, OK, you have a fair point, but first do you not have to download and install the program, then actually run it? :p

But, like everything else, doing it by yourself doesn't always work either, i always used to brick with custom themes when i did it myself.

Then again, the program bricked it as well...

Finally i figured converting the topmenu_plugin's to Jap format, and it worked, no flasher program ever did that! But then again, the converter is a program in itself, so really i havn't won :(

11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

nah man flash agent is a homebrew app. it goes right on the psp and does its business from the game folder.

12. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yea, i even used it once...

What i meant to say is just extract and stick it on your psp, not install.

13. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lol man dis is retarded. lets just stop it now before we get suspended or somethin lmao

14. elcampion

elcampion Member

yes, but did you forget man invented machine.

15. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

hmmm....
    i guess ur right. but machine was made to serve man. think about that for a little.

16. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Hey, wireless internet went down for a little, my router's being a bit funny.

Well, i don't really see how we would get suspended lol, it's not even an arguement, just discussion.

It's a good thing, makes you think.

In most ways, man is still way further advanced than machine, the only thing we could credit machines with doing faster is calculations, and reactions, can't think of anything else.

But enough about the man vs machine thing, i'm starting to think about those tacky "machine rises above it's human oppressors" movies lol.