1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating EBOOTs from .MDS/.MDF files

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Taeleon, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Taeleon

Taeleon Member

I just downloaded FFIX for PSX to PSP. Can someone give me a quick tutorial or a link to one that explains how to turn the mdf/mds files into a working EBOOT file that will run on PSP?

Many thanks in advance. :)

2. tobi2yul

tobi2yul Regular member

yeh best program to do this is icetea 1.3. You can find it in ps3news.com or pspupdates.com. Once your ebbot is finished, openyour PSP/GAME folder and make a new folder for the eboot. You can cal it watever u want.Then simply copy the eboot to the folder and it should come up in your games section.

3. Taeleon

Taeleon Member

Ok I'm going to sound really dumb now. I downloaded the program and it wouldn't read the mds/mdf file, it would only read a .img file, so using a virtual drive I opened the mds/mdf file and found an img file there which icetea happilly and quickly turned into an EBOOT file for me.

After putting it in my GAME folder and trying to load it, it tells me it is loading something on popstation (although I don't think I actually have popstation on my PSP??? not sure, all I have is 3.40 OE-A) then the screen goes black and sticks.

With regards to the popstation, I know it's a PSX emulator, but what exactly is its purpose. That sounds stupid, but what I mean is, I have FF7, FF8 and Parasite Eve in my GAMES folder and can run them without as far as I know popstation... so is it really needed or is it only needed for certain types of files/games etc. I'm very new to the whole emulation era especially on PSP.

Thanks again.