1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating iso file from original xbox disc?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by silverknife1, Oct 11, 2010.

1. silverknife1

silverknife1 Member

I have been trying to make copies of my xbox games but have not been able to actually create a usable iso file from the original disks. i have tried toast titanium 8, iso hacker, liquid cd, iburn 360, burn, and a method with disk utility that also...you guessed it.... didn't work. has anybody been able to create writable isos from the origanal disks?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. silverknife1

silverknife1 Member

i mean xbox 360 just in case u were wondering

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

What kind of drive are you using to back up these Xbox 360 games?

5. silverknife1

silverknife1 Member

the drive in my macbook..... and possibly and external when i find the time and money to go get one..... i also wanted to put them on a stack of dvds in the corner just in case. the problem is i cant seem to create a usable iso from the original disk and id prefer not to download illegal copies

6. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Just wondering- have you ever searched for a tutorial on how to backup games through Google or some other kind of search engine? It seems that you are just going at it with bare hands...

7. BillB

BillB Regular member

Unfortunately, you can't back up games with a macbook. You need either a kreon drive(not recommended), or a spare 360 drive(anything but hitachi) flashed with 0800 firmware to backup your games. You'll also need a connectivity kit to power the drive. Please search either on here or google about kreon vs. 0800 and you'll find all of the answers that you're looking for, and then some.