1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Menus

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ItZa, Oct 24, 2004.

1. ItZa

ItZa Member

Hey guys, ive recently downloaded a few movies. I wanna make a DVD out of em. The thing is, i wanna make a proper menu (not the slack ones where it instantly takes you to the chapters page which is all over the joint). The menu i wanna make is like custom backgrounds, background music/sound with buttons, such as play, chapters etc. Any help?????

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I like DVDLab, it costs 99.00

If that's too expensive NVE (NeroVisionExpress) does a good job and also has import feature for custom backgrounds, etc. It comes in the Nero Ultra 6 suite which has a lot of other useful video/audio apps and it cost 59.00

BTW, a new version of NVE, NVE 3, is coming out on the 28th, it's in Nero Reloaded, a free update for registered Ultra owners :>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  3. ItZa

ItZa Member

Thanks bigorange, the thing is, nero does a cheap job (Eg; A original DVD has the buttons play, subtitles, etc etc. The nero vision thing puts the chapters in the main page, which is not what i want. I want a proper, customed made one; nero just doesnt meet the good requirements)

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

How much money do you want to spend?

There's Sony Architect in the Sony Vegas package, 12-1500.00

There is DVDLab Pro for 199.00

Sonic Scenarist, about 2,000.00 I believe.

Adobe Encore for 550.00

There ya go, some of the best DVD authoring tools on the market today, which also sport a hefty price tag.

Hope this helps :>)