1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating New IFO's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by hivemind, Oct 7, 2002.

1. hivemind

hivemind Guest

If anyone can help, please do. I have ripped the movie, "Scorpion King." The main movie set is vts_07_xx.vob. What I am trying to do is re-create the ifo so that there is only one set of vts's. The problem is, somehow the movie goes to title 25 and title 28 before it goes to title one. Title 28 is in vts_06. The purpose of what I am trying to do is to get the movie itself onto one dvd-r. When I just use vts_07 the movie will fit if I create new ifo's. But it won't play in the set top dvd player. Someone please help me.

2. pipster

pipster Guest

You can open vts_07_01.ifo with Ifoedit and in the vob extras menu you can select strip streams along with correct vob... , correct ifo... and create new video...
    This will pull out the movie and sound streams you select then rebuild them into new vobs with new ifos in a folder you select all ready to play after you have done a get vts sectors on them with ifoedit again .
    Have a look at the guides and have a look at the ifoedit website here http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/index.html

3. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

hivemind,

I just backed up Scorpion King and I had similar problems. I burned the movie to one disc and when I went to play it, the only thing that came up was the FBI warning then my player paused and wouldn't let me do anything. I thought that I had done something wrong but when I checked the files that were on the DVD_RW everything was there. It might be their way of hindering the copying process.

Anyway, here's what to do:
    Load up the VIDEO_TS.IFO file
    Click on the +
    click on VMGM_MAT (this opens another subdir)
    click on first play PGC
    scroll down until you see PGC command table
    <right click> on 1. Pre command
    select edit command
    You want this to read (JumpSS VTSM)
    in the Title(ttn) type "0"
    in the Titleset(vts) select 7
    select root menu

What this does is tell the VIDEO_TS.VOB (the first thing that plays) to jump to vts_07_0.VOB which is the chapter select screen.

So all you need is your VIDEO_TS.IFO, .BUP & .VOB then your vts_07 files.
    Don't need to edit anything out. Just remember to Get VTS sectors and remove pup's

Good Luck