1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating pcm or wav's in dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jedaffra, Jan 6, 2004.

1. jedaffra

jedaffra Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to get pcm files out of concert dvd using dvd decrypter but havent figured out how to do it.

I'm using version 3.1.9.0 and have yet to find any good documentation on how to get a pcm. All I can get are VOB files. Here's a screenshot [​IMG] which shows that the audio streams available are dts and lpcm.

I'd appreciate any help :)

cheers,

J

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Use 0xA0 - LPCM - it's uncompressed PCM while DTS is lossy (only check the box next to it).

I haven't used DVDDecrypter in a while, but IIRC "Demux" is what you need (or was it "raw"?). you should get .wav or PCM files (don't remember).

3. Amstel

Amstel Member

Yes indeed, select the PCM track.

But, first you have to select the Demux option for ALL the streams. Only then you get a PCM file.

The next step is probably that you want to convert the raw 16, 20 or 24 bits and 48 kHz PCM file to a 16 bits 44.1 kHz WAV file for burning an audio CD.

I donĀ“t have an overall solution for this, it depends on the PCM file. CoolEditPro (Audition) can handle a lot of PCM files.

4. jedaffra

jedaffra Member

Thank you thank you thank you !!!!

Worked like a charm!!!
    the latest version of dvd decrypter converts pcm to wav automatically.

I just used normalizing and VBR encoding through AudioCatalyst 2.0 to create a beautiful set of mp3s.

I really appreciate your help!!!

J