1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating +R's (that work) with Sony DRU500AX

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 99k1500, Mar 30, 2003.

1. 99k1500

99k1500 Member

I just returned a NEC ND-1100A that made well over 35 DVD "BACKUPS" all using Ritek +R, and Memorex +R media. I returned the drive and purchased a Sony DRU-500AX. The sony drive will create +R disks but they are not playable in my Onkyo Set top. They work fine on the computer. The Sony will create -R disks that work fine on the ONKYO, but not +R's.
    The +R disks from the NEC work great.

Why does the sony create +R media that my settop does not like? Again I know it is compatible because I hav 30+ disks from the NEC to prove it.
    Disks created with both Instant Copy and DVDXCopy have this problem.

2. filberto

filberto Member

This may not help you completely, but I have the DRU-500AX (2.0c) and have used Sony's 1x +R media. They have been working without a problem in a couple of Pioneer set top players that my in-laws own.

Edit: I've been using DVDDecryptor to read and write ISO images.

Last edited: May 6, 2003
  3. pichuliux

pichuliux Member

I am also I've been using DVDDecryptor to read and write ISO images,and in the beguining with my APEC DVD player didn't work, but after have tried with my piooner DVD player it works.

4. noshow

noshow Member

you might try getting nero whitch dvd all covers i had problems too. but the nero took care of it. problem i had was xp would not recanize my soft ware inculded with my sony 120a +r/rw nero gives ggod updates and support,check on there site too make sure they support your dvd +r/rw. i have had no problems since, i was pulling my hair out to get it to work, any other questions please email me, sony good product but there support software can suck

5. awesomejt

awesomejt Member

The pioneer players are generally a better quality player (bought mine 3 years ago for $250) and thus are more forgiving on the media used. Even some dirt cheap crappy "see-through" generic media works (sorta) in my Pioneer. The poineer plays DVD-R, DVD+R and even DVD+RW. I've used Fuji and Verbatium media.

The Apex on the other end. Their first players were basically DVD-ROMs put in a home theatre component box (still a cool player, just for the MP3 support). I suspect the DVD-R will work here, but I have not confirmed this with my own tests.