1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Season Disks

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by airander, Mar 19, 2005.

1. airander

airander Guest

Hey guys,

Well heres the deal. I have got like 5 seasons of a certain tv show. I was curious what would be the easiest to way to put one season on one disk. I know this would require some converting and such. I was reading through a few of the guides on the site and couldnt find anything of interest, only the avi to dvd one. I have tried sony dvd architect, it took like 7 hours to convert and it ended up not putting the sound on there lol. Below is some info of one epoisode of one season. There is about 10 episodes per season.

File : 230 MB (230 MB), duration: 0:21:34, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 66 %

Video : 208 MB, 1350 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 640*480 (4:3), DIV3 = DivX v3 ;-) MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), Supported

Audio : 21 MB, 142 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

2. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Hello. What you are trying to do is possible, but it depends on 1 thing. What type of quality do you want out of the episodes? I do a lot of backing up of episodes of shows. I prefer quality. I put 2-3 episodes of a certain 1 hours show on a dvd-5. The quality is excellent and works well. I get 100% compression or real close. I love the menus but I don't care about that. You could scale them down to Avi's and lower class mpeg's but the quality will not be as good.

3. airander

airander Guest

hey srry. i am thinking of making a menu with all 9 of the episodes on one disk dvd5. i am not too worried about the quality considering its a cartoon series like futurama ;p
    they are in avi format if i didnt mention that also.

thank u.

4. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You could use DVD shrink in reauthor mode. This would allow you to put all the episodes on one disk, but you wouldn't have a menu.

In order to create a menu for your disk, you'd have to use some type of authoring program. I asked a similar question a while back and the response was to use Nero Vision.

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Oh yeah. I just remembered that someone posted another reply. I asked about getting a free menu builder. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but if you go to http://www.videohelp.com , you can click on "tools", then "Dvd author". This will bring up a list of tools to download, some free, some not. There's one called "dvdauthor". This one is free. You can also download "DvdAuthorGui" or "GUI for dvdauthor", which gives a graphical interface to the dvdauthor program.(free)

As I said, I haven't tried these, but they would be worth trying if you want a free menu builder for something you really don't care that much about the quality of anyway.

6. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

airander,

If you don't care about quality, then Nero Vision Express is the easiest way. It will convert the AVIs, create a menu and write the DVD.

Alternatively, you could convert the AVIs to VOBs (using DIVXtoDVD or TMPGEnc) and then use something like DVD Lab to create menus. (DVD Lab will not convert files, but it will take VOBs as inputs. 30day trial is downloadable)

Adder.

7. airander

airander Guest

hey guys thanks to both of you.
    i will try all of your ideas.
    the nero vision sounds like the easiest route huh.
    i will get back to you with the results.

thanks again

8. airander

airander Guest

i should probably update and add that nero vision is the way to go to those with same question, best program and quickest by far that ive come accross.

9. teggy

teggy Regular member

If I use divxtodvd can I use dvdauthor to create menus? Does it accept vobs as inputs?