1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating tracks for long MP3 files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by panhandle, Mar 28, 2003.

1. panhandle

panhandle Guest

Is there a way that I can take a long MP3 file and break it into tracks. I download sermons that are in MP3 format that are at least 1.5 hours long. Unfortunately if I have to get out of my car or leave the room, I can not go back to parts of the sermons that I want to listen to. I also want run the tracks together, so that there is no gap. This will allow me to fast forward quickly to a spot that I want to listen to.

2. minix

minix Member

You should try the search tool in this forum.
    There are a lot of tools for that. If you want to divide the MP3 file physically, you can use MP3DirectCut, MPEG Audio Scissors, MP3Trim, etc.
    And if you only want to divide for burning without modifying the original file, I'd use the Track Editor in Feurio: click the position where you want to cut and press "Split Tracks (linked)" (there will be no gap).

3. panhandle

panhandle Guest

I tried using MP3directcut and it wanted me to use the Lame decoder. I followed the instructions on installing the lame encoder and it would not recognize it. I will try the other programs you recommended. Thanks for you help

4. panhandle

panhandle Guest

I also tried MP3trim did not work.

5. minix

minix Member

well, the only time I need to do that I used MPEG Audio Scissors without problem (it cuts in the frame boundaries and there's no recoding), so I can't help you with the rest, but a lot of people use them...
    I normally use the non-destructive Track Editor in Feurio!

6. panhandle

panhandle Guest

Where do I find MPEG audio scissors?

7. panhandle

panhandle Guest

I tried using MPEG Audio Scissors and it only allows you to make one track

8. minix

minix Member

Google ;-)
    http://www.sonicspot.com/mpegaudioscissors/mpegaudioscissors.html

It's true. It's not comfortable to make multiple tracks. That's why I say Feurio: it's very easy with that...

Besides, I forgot that you won't be able to burn those divided MP3s with Nero. They will be cut in the MP3-frame boundaries, but those don't coincide with the CD-DA sector boundaries.

If you divide into multiple MP3 you'll have to burn with Feurio and "Do not insert pauses between tracks - round track markers" if you really want perfect pauses.
    Nero can't burn those MP3s correctly (it will cut the last sector to make the tracks compliant with CD-DA sector sizes).
    So, I'd divide directly with Feurio... easier and faster...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2003