1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating with Dreamweaver CS5 and WYSIWYG exclusively

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by wheelstb, Sep 30, 2012.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I'm looking to get my toes into building websites and blogs. I have very limited exposure to programming. I have great difficulty typing and I hate programming in general. I use speech recognition software to do 99% of my typing.

Here are my two questions.

Is it practical to expect to be able to design a decent website using almost entirely

WYSIWYG mode in Dreamweaver? I understand that some small amount of hand coding to correct or modify it may always be necessary.

Is this the same methodology something that could be used with WordPress to create a reasonably successful blog?

I know this may not be the best place to ask about advice regarding WordPress but I always seem to be partial to this forum.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Decent is subjective; basic and functional, however, yes.

Perhaps if you don't plan on theming it yourself too much?

This is just my not-particularly-well-informed opinion based on my experiences using both, I haven't done what you're asking about.

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Thanks for the information.

Are there any other visual-based coding utilities that I should look at?

I want to learn more about building webpages but the problem is it is very difficult for me to type in fact I use speech recognition to do 99.9% of my typing. Unfortunately, speech recognition is always well-suited to programming.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012