1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CREATING XBOX 360 HITACHI (v78 +OTHERS) DRIVE GAME BACKUPS!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nas121, Apr 7, 2007.

1. nas121

nas121 Member

Hey guys,

Right, straight to the point i need help creating WORKING xbox 360 game backups for my 360. I have a Hitachi v78 360 Drive and it HAS been flashed and CONFIRMED to be able to play backups with NO PROBLEMS what so ever (got a friend to lend me his backed up copy which were burnt on RITEK and INFINITI(?) discs - he has a samsung 360 drive...).

I searched the net followed loads of guides on how to create backups but with little luck.
    I have an LG DUAL LAYER BURNER and am using DATAWRITE RED 8x DVD+R DL

Now, when i create an .ISO image of the Game from my original, merge SS, corrected booktype and burn (have used DVD decrypter, IMGBURN etc) and try it in the 360, i get the console saying "unrecognised disc - disc unreadable, clean with soft cloth...".

I have made Coasters out of 5(!) DVD+R DL discs now and i dont want to waste any more of the expensive media. What am i doing wrong??? What could i try next? Whats the latest guide on creating backups?

ALL help is appreciated!

2. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Have you tried burning with the recommended version of CloneCD?

Also, your LG writer may not be able to burn 360 images properly. I am not sure...i will let the experts handle this for you.

3. mister_c

mister_c Member

Hi,

you seem to be having the same problem i did and I found out that the issue was the book type of type of the disc you burnt. If you use image burn there is an option to change the book type to DVD-ROM. After doing this I get perfect discs everytime.

4. nas121

nas121 Member

Hi,

To mister_c > I did use imgburn and 100% changed the booktype to DVD-ROM. Also Once i had burnt it i checked the completed DVD with different programs and they all report a "DVD-ROM is in the drive (See: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=582729 for method of verifying burnt xbox games).

Ill try Verbatims next.. if that fails i may change my burner for a Pioneer 111D. One thing though that gets me, HOW can the DVD burner be at fault?? Arn't they all the same??

5. mister_c

mister_c Member

other than that mate I have no idea. My DVD burner was a sony and it didn't work, but when I flashed it with the lite-on firmware it worked perfectly everytime??? If your looking for verbs though I reccomend SVP.co.uk they have very reasonable prices