1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative DVD-ROM not compatible with ND 3500A ?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by LordMiL, Dec 25, 2004.

1. LordMiL

LordMiL Member

Hey all!
    Well my bro got an NEC ND 3500A today for Christmas but I've been struggling to get it to work all day long.
    He previously had a Creative 16X DVD-ROM and a no-name CD-RW drive.
    I set the new NEC to Cable Select and put it in place of the CD-RW, but upon boot up, POST says that there are no devices connected to the secondary channel and windows takes around 5 minutes to boot and hten also says there are no devices on the secondary channel.
    I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get both drives to work together. Individually they work great, and both work great with the old CD-RW, but once I put both in, whether it's NEC-master Creative-slave or vice versa, nothing will work.

Has anyone ever heard of a compatibility issue like this? Is there any chance I can fix it? For now we threw an old DVD-ROM in that computer with the NEC burner and it will do except that it is really old and thus reads really slow.

TIA

2. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

I had installed my NEC with the same jumper settings you used but did the following: Try uninstalling the drive from the device manager in windows and then restart. You should have also done this with the old cd-rw before installing the NEC if you didn't already. Windows should auto detect the NEC drive upon rebooting.