1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Zen In-Car Solution?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gossard, May 20, 2007.

1. gossard

gossard Guest

Hi,

I wanna get my Creative Zen Vision to play thru my car stereo. Been looking at Fm Transmitters but can anyone recommend one that:

1. Is a holder for the Player.
    2. Plays and is charged thru the cigarette lighter.
    3. Is an FM transmitter.

Hope I explained it ok. In other words, I wanna plug this thing into my cigarette lighter and just place my Zen into it and it charges as well as plays thru the stereo.

If there are any other solutions other than the FM transmitter out there though, please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Gossard

2. mcamphr

mcamphr Member

Depends on your car stereo. I have a 96 Caravan with a decent cassette player and infinity speakers. I had an earlier Neuros digital recorder with it's own built in FM transmitter. Worked fine but I had to sometimes find a new station to set it to. Then I tried using the Cassette to CD Adapter 9 bucks at radio Shack. Just plugged in the casette adapter and the mini jack to the headphone output on my mp3 player and it worked great playing through the stereo of the vehicle. My other vehicle an 84 volvo has a blapunkt cd stereo that has an aux cable (mini jack) that I use to plug in directly to my portable mp3 headphone jack and it also works great. Personally I like the direct connection if possible over the FM transmitter solution.