1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

credit card stolen

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by najam, Oct 15, 2004.

1. najam

najam Member

Hi,
    Some one stole my credit card number, expiry date, name, used online and shop for $1500. Can anybody let me know how to trace that person who used my credit card. Can I phone the company from where he bought things and they will let me know its address and contact info?

Thanks in advance

2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Why? So you can give the f***er a damn good beating!

Get in touch with the credit card company and they will sort everything out for you, all cards offer internet fraud protection as far as im aware.

Good luck

3. najam

najam Member

Thanks for reply. I talked to credit card company and they wil be inquiring. After reading other threads regarding the same situation, I am not sure if they can be able to trace that person as the merchant can only give them transaction details and not the shipping details.

Can I get my credit back? I am very confused. I don't know and not have any proof who used my cerdit card. If merchant reply to credit card company with required info, then how they know if its done by some other person? Will there be any detail for that.

Thanks for your help.