1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creeating a dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ses, Apr 22, 2004.

1. ses

ses Guest

i apologies for my errors.

i would be grateful if someone could help me, i am new to this.

i use dvd decrypter and super dvd creater, on windows 98. what formats, and what do i need to do to get these, to beable to put downloaded movies to dvd. i know i have the software, im finding the different formats confusing.

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

Absolutely staggering mate...

Piracy..again...

3rd try lucky eh?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Why are The Samaritans always engaged?[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2004
  3. ses

ses Guest

i am new to this, can you please put me in the correct direction to create a dvd.

4. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

here is the steps you should follow......

1.........read the forum rules
    2.........understand the forum rules
    3.........if this doesn't help you in your quest.
    4.........find a forum site that will encourage and help with illegal piracy as i'm afraid this wont happen here.

5. Rasta1

Rasta1 Member

Dude (Viper whatever) what exactly is your problem? People are asking legitimate questions and you keep yakking about piracy crap. Who made you anybody's keeper? Answer the guy's question or back the hell off.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Rasta1 , you're then one who needs to chill , there are ways to do things correctly [and thers a reason for them being that way].

If the person had of asked 'how do I put this .avi onto DVD-R' then it wouldn't never have been mentioned about piracy related matters.
    A lot of people do care if this site was to be shut down , perhaps you do not ..?

Take a toke , and count to ten before answering in future maybe ...

Flame me & you'll be outta here quicker than you could say a Peter Tosh quote

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Rasta1, the question might have been legitimate but the intended use of the information wasn't.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." Thomas Jefferson
    [/small]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  8. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

oh dear.......geues that's me told ( :) )

how can guys ever hope to learn anything here if they aint got the brains to understand the rules and why we cant help with piracy and the like?

9. ses

ses Guest

listen people i dont want to cause chaos, all i am asking for is some help. can somebody reply back who is willing to help.i bet you were at this stage at one point, where all you was asking for is help.

i am trying to transfer from harddrive to dvdr, there are so many formats i dont which i should be aiming to. i am not like others who can understand all the computer lingo, plain english suits me

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

SES, if we began providing information on piracy it wouldn't be long before the "movie moguls" would target our forum and shut us down.

Herbsman couldn't have stated it any better:

"If the person had asked 'how do I put this .AVI onto DVD-R' then it wouldn't never have been mentioned about piracy related matters."

Asking questions as to how to make use of pirated intellectual properties will only get you banned from this forum forever.

11. ses

ses Guest

can you give guidelines how to put avi to dvd-r please.
    im using dvd decrpyter and super dvd creater, its the formats which are confusing. i feel im banging my head against the wall.

12. herbsman

The 'actual' answer to the question "avi/mpg/divx to DVD-R" is that you need to encode whatever file from it's present format to [bold]MPEG 2[/bold] (DVD compliant w/ 48,000Hz audio & correct screen resolution).

There are many wierd & wonderful encoders out there ... and guess I'll leave it for others to suggest which is the favourite [and why so]. But I would highly suggest that you don't use NeroVision Express for encoding ; )

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Afterdawn Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    Afterdawn Rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/6346[/small]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2004
  13. ses

ses Guest

thank you herbsman.
    are there any suggestions whats best encoder. at present i have dvd decrpyter and super dvd creater but am having problems. i have windows 98, and when it comes to burn apparently realplayer cannot be located. what is available instead of this program. i have windows media player if thats any use.

14. herbsman

I personally use [bold]MainConcept MPEG Encoder 1.4 [/bold] (it accepts most file types avi/divx/xvid etc).
    It's one of the quickest , as I really abhor having to wait for 7-8 hrs for encoding to finish...as normal encoders take roughly that long.

I would maybe try to update your Win98 O/S if you're able , it really helps to use NTFS instead of fat32 file system for DVD writing/authoring (please dont ask me about file system info , it is widely avaiable to browse via 'search' *wink*).

But what exactly are you trying to get from HDD to DVD-R (+R) btw ... you've not been specific at any point. Is it in .avi format , .mpg , .VOB ???
    I dont want to know where you got it or what the title is... just what format is it (?)

DVD Shrink is a worthwhile piece of software to get also [is free] , but that is for DVD to DVD-R !

15. ses

ses Guest

i used shrink and it froze when came to back up. from dvd - dvd-r i have sorted no problem(touch wood). i am using avi as example, does it vary on different formats, i dont know i am new to this and each time i think i have sorted it out something occurs, ie, this ifoedit needing realplayer.

i am trying to convert avi,mpeg,divx,xvid to dvd-r. there are that many different formats, i dont which should be converted to what, to transfer to dvd-r(+). its like im reading info, about cutting menus and reauthor that means nothing to me, i am totally confused and that doesnt take much.

16. brian100

brian100 Guest

ses

Why dont you spend a few hours one night, with a nice bottle of wine, & just study some of the existing threads that are on this excellent forum. That is what I did, even before i bought a DVD writer or purchased any software. If you use the "search" facility & do a bit of reading I am sure you will form a basic knowledge of the process that's baffling you. You could also try using "Google" to try and track down some answers.

I appreciate that you are getting impatient, but Rome wasn't built in a single day.

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Why are The Samaritans always engaged?[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2004
  17. ses

ses Guest

i totally agree with you.
    i have had dvd writer fitted 5 wks ago, and everywhere i turn is something different, its knowing which to follow. ifoedit is my main problem, people mentioning update from win 98, are asking questions about my system, i cant answer them because im not a computer wizard, as lomg as can what i need them im fine.

if someone can tell me exactly what i need to know im fine. i cant understan computer lingo people and books talk.

18. brian100

brian100 Guest

Ses

Why dont you start reading up on some of the guides on this forum?. Just click the tab called "guides" at the top of this page & study the sections concerning dvdshrink.

They are vey easy to follow & very informative. Give it a try. You will get to grips with it, it really is not rocket science, although you may think it feels like it at the moment

19. ses

ses Guest

thank you have printed plenty of forums, and gradually coming across whats needed. i call back if i get stuck.