1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creepy -new hack

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Mez, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Mez

Mez Active member

I assume the multiple posts by a new user ' trying to get blog traffic' is just a new way to infect users. I see others had the same idea.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

she got 18 posts in before I deleted her.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

Yes, I figured it must have been you. I assume you are pretty much a one man show.

Only 18 posts. Maybe she was legit. I figured she was a robot luring well meaning users into an infected web site. Wordpress are ultra vulnerable. They have massive amounts of code and the webmasters are usually not programmers. I would NEVER have a web site on a host that did not routinely scan for malware on all of its sights. It is such a cheap but essential service. I am sure the bots know which hosts to avoid. Maybe they really don't care. You just get into the battle of the bots. The bad bot adds malware and the good bot immediately removes it. Those malware scanners have to have a subroutine for hot spots.

Good work!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

18 posts made her a spammer & I didn't even try to open her links to see what her site was like. I'm currently the only active English speaking moderator on this site. the highest number of post of a spammer I deleted was about 50 just after I became a moderator.

5. Mez

Mez Active member

Actually unless you are using a very secure computer that has a website scanner service that would be dangerous. I have had enough very bad experiences to make me very cautious.