1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Croc Clips and Grounding.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mblack001, Dec 4, 2007.

1. mblack001

mblack001 Member

Greets all,

Question: All the videos refer to attaching a croc clip for grounding the PC and the Xbox 360. Is there a site that I can go to that will show me how to make them as the parts aren't expensive or a place to buy them for cheap? Another question would be what gauge of wire to use in order to make the ground?

Any and all help would be appreciated as my Sata Card and longer cable should be arriving today and I am more than eager to get my drive flashed.

MBlack001.

2. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

You actually don't need to use crop clips, but they are nice to have. If you have the metal frame of the 360 touching part of the metal case housing in your PC, that will do the trick as well. I'm sure there's always a risk with doing these things without anti-static pads, wrist guards, etc., but I had no problem doing this since it's bare metal to metal. I've done PC repair work for years without static guards with my boss and we've never lost a machine that way.
    Just be sure they're both not carrying and power when you lay them against each other. Check that no wires or loose ends are dangling where they might get caught in a computer fan blade.

I had my case opened and laying on it's side on the floor when I did this. Laid the 360 on the corner edge of the case to support it's weight and the cables were long enough to reach the onboard sata ports. Everything else was a snap. Good luck!

3. DB9

DB9 Guest

yep, or use a paperclip if you cant get them touching......or just some speaker wire....anything that is conductive will work.....hell you could use a peice of pencil lead if needed....hahahaa but anything will do that is conductive.....just dont put battery acid allover the casing of the 360 or your pc :)