1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cropping Auto GK Help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by silent14, Jun 15, 2011.

1. silent14

silent14 Member

Ok so I asked about this before and I've looked around but im still really confused. Sometimes when I convert DVD's I got big black bars on the bottom and the top of the video, I never get them on the side only on the top and bottom. I don't know how to get rid of them properly I just type random numbers in the auto crop parameters. I can get rid of them but then way to much video gets cut off the sides, I need someone to explain to me in detail how to do it. I don't mind having some black bar because on some of my rips there's abit of black bar but it does not bother me but on others there's to much. Im not willing to use another program I like Auto GK to much and I've used it for along time. Someone please help me this been bugging me for so long.

Example - http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4174/unledhlv.png

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

I've yet to see a movie that AutoGK failed to remove them.

There's a brief go-through here.
    http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/247701-Cropping-in-AutoGK

As an aid, you can load the vob in VirtualDub (abort the loading after a few seconds, because you don't need the whole movie) then select the null filter and see what value you need to exactly crop the bars.
    Insert the values in AutoGK and use the preview button in AutoGK to see the results.

3. silent14

silent14 Member

None of this makes any sense :( there's always big black bars in most of my rips and there's no tutorials out there that explain how to do it in Auto GK people just say use multiples of 8 or 16 or something that means nothing to me I have no idea wat im doing with cropping. This is so frustrating I need someone to teamview and explain it to me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011