1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cropping Help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by silent14, May 17, 2011.

1. silent14

silent14 Member

Ok I have almost perfected my ripping skills, last thing that I need to understand is cropping so theres no black bars underneath and on top of my video. Can anyone teach me how to do it using AutoGK that's the only program I use. I did the manual crop thing and had to use some high numbers to take away the black bars but it cuts off so much from the sides :S I've read some online tutorials but I still don't understand it.

Thanks

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

3. silent14

silent14 Member

Yh I already read that thread but im still confused. im trying to remove black bars from a dvd im ripping using autogk with a 700mb file size. I just can't figure it out, I can remove the black bars but then way to much gets cut of on the side :S I have msn if someone would be really kind and walk me through it or teach me. I would really appreciate it

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  4. attar

attar Senior member

It should automatically remove the black bars on top/bottom (and perhaps on the sides, if they're present) and nothing else - unless using the hidden options to manually crop.
    I've used it to crop the 1.85:1 Master and Commander and the 4:3 letterboxed edition of Titanic without the sides being cut.

5. silent14

silent14 Member

no on every video I've ever ripped on autogk theres still pretty big bars on the top and bottom, I fiddled with the manual cropping stuff and I managed to stretch it but a alot of video gets cut of the side, can no one help :(