1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Chip 2.0 SLE and v14 040-52 bios installation

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by viper4677, Jun 19, 2007.

1. viper4677

viper4677 Member

I have just recently purchased a CC 2.0 SLE chip for my v14 ps2 040-52 from mod-chip.com and am having problems with the bios installation. I install all the wires just like the guide says and shows, and I checked the continuity between the surrounding pads to make sure the wires are only touching the designated bios pads. When I do the preliminary test to see if the install is correct, the LED continually stays green. I have performed this installation to the bios pads a couple of times now, but I always have the same problem. I know the ps2 still works because I am currently playing it without the chip in it. If anyone could point me in a direction to figuring out what my problem is, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. p3nnyw1se

p3nnyw1se Member

I'm having the same problem as you, but I'm on a V12b GH-035 MB. We need help!

3. p3nnyw1se

p3nnyw1se Member

I just re soldered my 3v3 connection and that fixed my led problem so you might want to try the same =)

4. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

There is a trouble shooting section at the ccwiki specifically addressing the bios LED. I dont know if it will help you but you can have a look here

http://norcalmods.com/ccwiki/index.php?title=Trouble_Shooting

There is also a installation tutorial that is guaranteed to be better then any you can get from mod-chip.com :)

Have fun!