1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Chip Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by blinkoff, Jul 12, 2007.

1. blinkoff

blinkoff Member

I've recently soldered on a Crystal Chip 2.0 PRO SLE on my V7 PS2. I'm having trouble getting it to boot up now... I've burnt a cd with the FW on it, but whenever I turn the ps2 on, the tv just goes black (not no signal, but black) and there is no sound. The lights come on, and the drive spins up, but no output at all. I looked at the chip, and the led blinks once on startup, indicating that the bios wires are correctly installed i think... Any suggestions on where to start looking for a problem?? Thanks for the help!

2. yojacks

yojacks Member

try uninstalling everything and resoldering it and check for bad solder joints and check over all points. if that doesn't work u may have to clean ur laser lens if that doesn't work then u may have damaged it but before considering this contact a pro and ask for their opinions like davbere or spedmetal which can be found on teammodders.com and norcalmods.com.