1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Chip: one backup works...others don't.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by CuppoJava, Mar 6, 2007.

1. CuppoJava

CuppoJava Member

I'm having a lot of trouble getting my Crystal Chip to work completely...and it seems my symptoms are different than everyone elses.

Symptoms:
    1) "Disc Check" on the firmware CD, says "PS1 Disc Authentication Failed. Please check SX Wire." - I opened up the playstation and resoldered it twice, with the same message appearing both times.

2) Using BootManager I can boot original ps2 games but I cannot boot any backup games. It hangs at the "Please Wait" screen.

3) Without using BootManager, I can boot up original games as well as a StreetFighter backup disc. All other backup discs hang at a black screen.

If someone can point me in the right direction and tell me where the problem might be, It'd help a lot.

Misc. Information:
    Crystal Chip version 1.1
    The initial installation LED Test passes.
    Firmware version cracked 34. BM v2.1.6
    I'm burning games with DVD Decryptor at 2.4X speed onto a Memorex Dual Layer Disc

2. steimy

steimy Active member

best place to start would be the official website of Crystal Chip. They may have a help link to email them or some even have forums dedicated to helping.